Date(s) - Apr 5 2017
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Room 335, McCullough Building
Light-Emitting Colloidal Nanostructures
Andrey L. Rogach
Department of Physics and Materials Science & Centre for Functional Photonics, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong S.A.R.
In this talk, I will provide an overview of light-emitting colloidal nanostructures synthesized in our labs, which include II-VI quantum dots emitting over the broad visible and near-infrared spectral range [1,2]; carbon dots [3,4]; perovskite nanocrystals [5,6]; and copper clusters [7,8]. I will highlight their photophysical properties studied by advanced optical spectroscopy techniques, and demonstrate their emerging applications ranging from light-emitting diodes [6-8] to liquid crystal displays  and luminescence nanothermometry .
- L. Jing, S. V. Kershaw, Y. Li, X. Huang, Y. Li, A. L. Rogach, M. Gao. Aqueous Based Semiconductor Nanocrystals. Chem. Rev. 2016, 116, 10623-10730.
- Q. Wen, S. V. Kershaw, S. Kalytchuk, O. Zhovtiuk, C. Reckmeier, M. I. Vasilevskiy, A. L. Rogach. Impact of D2O/H2O Solvent Exchange on the Emission of HgTe and CdTe Quantum Dots: Polaron and Energy Transfer Effects. ACS Nano 2016, 10, 4301.
- C. J. Reckmeier, J. Schneider, A. S. Susha, A. L. Rogach. Luminescent Colloidal Carbon Dots: Optical Properties and Effects of Doping. Optics Express 2016, 24, A313.
- J. Schneider, C. J. Reckmeier, Y. Xiong, M. von Seckendorff, A. S. Susha, P. Kasak, A. L. Rogach. Molecular Fluorescence in Citric Acid Based Carbon Dots. J. Phys. Chem. C, 2017, 121, 2014-2022.
- H. Huang, L. Polavarapu, J. A. Sichert, A. S. Susha, A. S. Urban, A. L. Rogach. Colloidal Lead Halide Perovskite Nanocrystals: Synthesis, Optical Properties and Applications. NPG Asia Mater. 2016, 8, e328.
- H. Huang, B. Chen, Z. Wang, T. F. Hung, A. S. Susha, H. Zhong, A. L. Rogach. Water Resistant CsPbX3 Nanocrysals Coated by Polyhedral Oligomeric Silsesquioxane and their Use as Solid State Luminophores in All-Perovskite White Light Emitting Devices. Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 5699-5703.
- Z. Wang, B. Chen, A. S. Susha, W. Wang, C. J. Reckmeier, R. Chen, H. Zhong, A. L. Rogach. All-Copper Nanocluster Based Down-Conversion White Light-Emitting Devices. Adv. Sci. 2016, 3, 1600182.
- Z. Wang, B. Chen, M. Zhu, S. V. Kershaw, C. Zhi, H. Zhong, A. L. Rogach. Stretchable and Thermally Stable Dual Emission Composite Films of On-Purpose Aggregated Copper Nanoclusters in Carboxylated Polyurethane for Remote White Light-Emitting Devices. ACS Appl. Mater. Interf. 2016, 8, 33993-33998.
- T. Du, J. Schneider, A. K. Srivastava, A. S. Susha, V. G. Chigrinov, H. S. Kwok, A. L. Rogach. Combination of Photo-Induced Alignment and Self-Assembly to Realize Polarized Emission from Ordered Semiconductor Nanorods. ACS Nano 2015, 9, 11049-11055.
- S. Kalytchuk, K. Polakova, Y. Wang, J. P. Froning, K. Cepe, A. L. Rogach, R. Zboril. Carbon Dots Nanothermometry: Intracellular Photoluminescence Lifetime Thermal Sensing. ACS Nano 2017, 11, 1432–1442.